In accordance with the Statistics Agency under the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in 2022, the share of information and communication technology (ICT) services in the country’s economy was 1.7%.
The added value of ICT services consists of communication services – 66.5%, computer programming, consulting and other related services – 19.4%, data hosting and processing services, Web portals – 7.0%, repair of computers and communication equipment – 4.7%, software release – 2.4%.
In accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan IT-Visa is granted for up to 3 years. It gives an advantage to receive education and medical services on the terms provided for citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and the opportunity to purchase real estate of any value.
IT-Visa is issued by the territorial divisions of the internal affairs bodies of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the place of temporary residence of the applicant based on the recommendation of the IT-Park Directorate. At the same time, family members (spouse, parents, children) are issued a visitor visa.
IT Card – a type of recommendation issued by the Directorate to foreign citizens, on the basis of which an IT Visa is issued for citizens with a visa regime, or only an IT Card for citizens with a visa-free regime, to use incentives and preferences.
Recommendations for obtaining IT-Visa and IT Card can be received by the following persons (https://itvisa.uz/en):
1) An Investor is an individual or a representative of a foreign investment company providing financing to a Legal Entity operating in the field of information technology through an Agreement in the amount of at least the equivalent of 10 thousand US dollars.
2) IT specialist is a specialist who has a qualification/specialization in the field of information technology, is employed in a legal entity of a resident of the Republic of Uzbekistan in an IT specialty and confirms his income from IT activities is not less than the equivalent of 30,000 US dollars for the last 12 months at the time of application.
3) The founder of an IT Park resident is an individual who is the founder / founder of a legal entity of a Technopark resident, duly registered and included in the Unified Register of Residents.
Tax incentives and preferences for IT Park residents:
- Full exemption from all types of taxes – 0%;
- Exemption from customs charges– 0%;
- Personal income tax rate – 7,5%;
- Tax on dividends – 5%.
Opportunities for IT Park residents:
- Virtual office;
- Dividend payments in foreign currency;
- Salary payments in foreign currency;
- Work permit for foreigners is not required.
IT Park’s assistance through Relocation Program:
1) IT companies:
- Registration of legal entity;
- Opening a bank account;
- Registration with the tax authorities;
- Search for professionals;
- Searching and renting an office.
2) IT Professionals:
- Employment in the company;
- Registration of medical insurance;
- Search for accommodation;
- Opening a bank account;
- Preparation of documents;
- Finding an employer.