Uzbek – Iranian negotiations at the highest level were productive and in a constructive spirit. Following the meeting, 18 documents covering various areas of cooperation were signed.
The President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev and the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Ebrahim Raisi signed a Joint Statement, which enshrines the main agreements and defines the long-term tasks for further enhancing the multifaceted cooperation between the two countries.
Following the talks, the bilateral agreements and memorandums were signed. These are:
– an agreement on the simplification of visa procedures for the representatives of business and scientific circles, as well as the tourist groups;
– an agreement on the mutual exemption from the visa requirements of holders of diplomatic passports;
– a program of tourism cooperation for 2022-2025;
– a memorandum of understanding in science, technology and innovation;
– a memorandum on the exchange of electronic customs information on the movement of goods and vehicles across the customs border;
– a memorandum on the exchange of electronic information regarding E-TIR;
– a memorandum of cooperation in science, research, education and technology;
– a memorandum on the environmental issues and environmental protection;
– an agreement between the Ministries of Agriculture;
– a memorandum of cooperation in healthcare, treatment, research, education, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment;
– a memorandum of cooperation in sports;
– a memorandum of cooperation in oil, gas and petrochemicals;
– a memorandum on the implementation of international cargo transportation and transit through the Chabahar port;
– a program of cooperation between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs for 2022-2024;
– a memorandum on employment and labor relations.
Documents were also signed between Uzbekistan’s Institute of Oriental Studies named after Abu Rayhan Beruni and the National Library and Archives of the Islamic Republic of Iran, as well as the Ibn Sina funds of the two countries